Position Available: Director, Hartford Region
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Hartford Region Director provides day-to-day management of regional fundraising and events, provides strategic guidance on fundraising and serves as program liaison to the Hartford community, working in concert with our volunteers. Fundraising activities include the management of: galas, major gifts, prospect research, corporate outreach, sponsorships, grants, community events and regional appeals.
1. Achieve fundraising goals for the Hartford area, with expectations to raise $50,000 per year through 2018, then $250,000 per year within a 3-5 year period of time; develop strategies to increase gift revenue; write grants to seek funding from Hartford-area foundations; maintain and strengthen relationships with key donors and volunteers, enhance volunteer engagement; lead efforts to identify and cultivate new donors. Manage (initially) one major annual event in the Hartford region.
2. Establish and implement long- and short-range goals, strategies and plans for fundraising and community outreach in the Hartford area.
3. Establish, promote, strengthen, and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with key constituents and partners, from donors to volunteers, partner organizations and the medical community. Building a strong relationship with our partners at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (CCMC) is an important part of this position. Serves as a key liaison to CCMC and our patient population for various programs.
4. Will perform other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience in fundraising or event management; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a mission-driven environment.
Experience as a professional or volunteer in a pediatric cancer organization setting. Knowledge of or experience in a fundraising event environment.
Skills and abilities
1. An excellent track record of managing, inspiring, leading and directing large fundraisers as well as community events, building a strong and collaborative team effort.
2. Proven success in cultivating, soliciting and closing gifts.
3. Demonstrated effectiveness in recruiting effective volunteer leaders and in guiding and supporting volunteer efforts.
4. Superb organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills. Must be a self-starter who can work independently, yet collaboratively.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully in a fast-paced environment with professionalism and a sense of humor.
6. Must be willing to travel within Connecticut to monthly board meetings, meetings with donors in and around the Hartford area, and to bi-monthly (every other week) meetings at Wilton Headquarters.
Director will initially be engaged as a consultant for 2017 or for up to 3 months. We provide a generous vacation policy, and the ability to work from home with flexible hours. We do not offer health benefits.
To learn more about Circle of Care, visit our website at www.thecircleofcare.org, or find us on Facebook.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jeff Kimball, Executive Director, email@example.com by Sept. 15, 2017.
No phone calls please.